Ever since Mark Zuckerberg announced the Facebook change of name to Meta, I have been curious to know how the Metaverse will be built. Some of the questions that came to my mind were, “Will the Metaverse be a centralized entity owned by big tech companies like Facebook, or will it be decentralized, in such a way that different tech companies can also own their own version of the Metaverse.” I began to get more clarity on this when different startups like Decentraland, Sandbox, Roblox, and Bloktopia began to build out their own versions of the Metaverse. Then I began to notice other tech companies, like Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, and even Snapchat, getting into the Metaverse space. It became clear to me that the Metaverse is not something owned by a single entity.
Recently, I discovered a platform that allows non-technical users to build their own metaverse. My first encounter with the startup was when I read their talk proposal for the Polkadot Decode Event. This startup, for me, is by far one of the most innovative startups in the Web 3.0 space. Forgive my manners, but I think I should have introduced the startup before even tooting their horn. The startup name is bit.country, and they also own metaverse.network, which is the blockchain network of the Bit.Country application framework. If you are a developer, you can also use their API to develop your games and smart contract dapps.
I honestly love the way things are playing out. No one company or entity should be allowed to monopolize the metaverse. Everyone should have the power to build their own metaverse.
Boy, I love writing about the metaverse. Here is the interesting part: you can launch your own metaverse for your social media group and community with zero technical skills. You can also engage your members with asset ownership, games, and other opportunities. Now this sounds like fun to me. You can also set your own rules and policies and also tokenize your community in multiple ways.
Below are some of the key features of the metaverse you build on bit.country. If these features do not intrigue you, then you already biased against the concept of the metaverse.
Your Land Blocks & Map
Your metaverse is made up of land blocks. Subdividing land blocks into land units for different owners is possible. You can explore the land on your own map or immerse yourself in the 3D environment. For user-created game modes, the land unit is the most basic unit of realm.
Economy, Reward & Your Token
People who contribute to your community should be rewarded, and this is possible with the metaverse you build on metaverse.network. You can reward players by play-to-earn games you choose to deploy for your metaverse. Play-to-earn games are a great way to reward players in your metaverse. The council can approve and include your own token for your metaverse through network governance.
Games & DApps
Developers can deploy their existing Dapps or create brand new ones for metaverseson the network, which supports Ethereum-compatible smart contracts.
Some Features of Metaverse.Network
- Ethereum Compatible Layer: Bit.country makes WASM and Ethereum-compatible smart contracts available to developers so they can create dApps and games that can run the network
- Powered by Substrate : The network is built with Susbtrate, which includes a rich set of primitives that allow developers to use powerful, well-known programming idioms. It allows forkless upgrade.
- Staking : The staking protocol is intended to encourage positive community behavior while discouraging negative behavior. This ensures the network’s security.
- Low Gas Cost : The network’s use of Polkadot NPoS infrastructure allows us to maximize value exchange while protecting resources.
- Cross-chain : The transfer of any type of NFT asset or token is possible thanks to cross-chain interoperability.
- Governance:The network is governed by NUUM Holders, the stakeholders who shape the future of our network and individual metaverses.
More about bit.country can be found on their Medium page
I’m pleased to inform you that bit.country got into Polkadot Decode and I’m so eager to see them talk about the awesome stuff they are building. Recently they Won the 14th Slot 14 on Kusama and also Locked $100M USD from 25,634 Stakeholders
I’m putting it out there. I would definitely love to be a part of this company in any capacity, just in case the Ray Lu and his team are reading this